It is important to be kind to yourself and treat yourself with value and respect.
It’s great to have goals and encourage those small wins to maintain a positive mindset.
When things get tough and you are struggling, it can be hard to know how to deal with it. With the help of Brotectors, we've comprised a list of tips and advice that could help you improve your mental health.
1. Don't avoid your feelings. If you don't face your trauma and heal, every choice you make in life could be affected by it.
2. Expect setbacks but don't shy away from them. Failures help us stretch an grown. Failure leads to success.
3. Be patient. When you don't know how to handle something, be patient until you are mentally calm, and then approach.
4. Accept what you can't control. Seek to be adaptable and don't fear change.
5. Face situations rationally and not emotionally. Use emotion only when it benefits, drives and motivates you.
6. Remember to be kind to yourself. You don't have to lose weight, earn more money, get higher grades or get that dream job before you start to love yourself, you can start right now.
7. Don't hate other's talents or successes. You're not competing against others. our are on your own journey.
8. Don't feel guilty for taking a break. Rest is productive and you deserve it.
9. Identify your personal triggers that you have found worsen your mental health. This might be alcohol, or negative people and environments or comparing yourself to others.
10. Set realistic goals, you don't have to achieve everything all at once. Take your time. Decide what you want to achieve, whether that be personally, professionally, or academically, and write down steps you need to take to achieve these goals.