We've said it before, and we'll say it again – it's so important that you take care of your skin.
In fact, one of our main aims is to encourage men of all ages to adopt a skincare routine to help them look good and feel amazing.
Today we're taking it back to basics and looking at why it's so important to use a face wash every day.
Every day your skin goes through a lot – and as the skin on your face is thinner than that on the rest of the body, there's a greater chance of it getting damaged.
The skin cells on your face are also smaller than elsewhere on the body, meaning they offer less protection. On top of all this, your face also has many more oil glands than the rest of your body, which means it can get oilier and shinier throughout the day, which is never a good look.
Long story short, you owe it to your skin to give it a helping hand by washing it properly.
Let's start with why it's essential to wash your face first thing:
• Bacteria can accumulate on the skin throughout the night, transferring from your bedsheets and hair to the skin as you rest. Cleansing as soon as you wake up can help remove this bacteria, giving your skin an excellent start to the day it deserves.
• Cleansing your face in the morning acts as a primer for any other skincare products you use. As a result, they'll absorb better into clean skin, which allows them to work their best - think of it as starting with a blank canvas.
• Your skin is at its driest point when you sleep, so using a moisturising face wash when you wake can help inject some moisture back in.
• If you're unlucky enough to have a bad night's sleep, you're more likely to wake up to conditions such as large pores, dry patches, rashes, inflammation and breakouts. Cleansing when you wake can help relieve these conditions from the get-go.
• If you're someone who loves a morning workout, it's essential that you wash your face post-exercise. Failing to do so can lead to your pores getting clogged up, which is a sure-fire way to get breakouts.
Now, on to the night-time.
- If you only want to (or only have time to) cleanse once a day, opt for the evening so that you can rid your skin of the particles and pollutants it has picked up throughout the day before you hit the sack.
- Air pollutants such as dirt, dust or soot can penetrate your skin and, if you don't remove them regularly, result in long-term damage, premature ageing, dark spots, eczema and rashes.
- The higher the air pollution around you, the more dehydrated your skin will be. Ensure you are rehydrating your skin and clearing it of built-up pollutants with a suitable skincare routine.
- Not only do you pick up nasties from the environment, but during the day, natural oils and sweat accumulate on the skin. Not removing all of this dirt and gunk at the end of the day can cause skin irritation, inflammation, and acne breakouts.
Luckily enough, MESOA has two different face washes on hand to help.
Our Cleansing Face Wash will awaken your senses in the morning and wash away daily impurities in the evening. It effectively removes excess oil, dead skin and grime from deep within your pores.
It powerfully cleanses and revitalises whilst hydrating your skin to reveal perfectly soothed, toned and moisturised skin.
It also has antiseptic properties to help prevent acne, breakouts, and rashes.
Our Peppermint & Tea Tree Reviving Face Wash will give your skin the invigorating start to the day it needs.
It's enriched with the ultimate powerful combination of essential oils and vitamins to keep your skin soft, smooth and healthy.
And, thanks to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties, it will help keep your skin clear and breakout-free.
So there you have it – two excellent face wash options and the lowdown on why it's important to cleanse daily. So what are you waiting for – click here to shop.